The December Great Blog Challenge starts today!
December Theme Summary:
Prize: $250 AUD
Start Date: Dec 3, 10 am AEST
End Date: Dec 17, midnight AEST
Winner Announced: Jan 6, 2019
How to Share Your Blog Post — Summary:
- Share a link to a publicly published blog post on either Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram
- Use these hashtags: #dec18_family #greatblogchallenge
- Use these profile tags: @writally (Twitter and Facebook) or @writallyapp (Instagram), @kidswantu (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- Stick to the word limit: 100 to 2000 words
Tip: Share your post link in the Writally Facebook Group too!
About Our December Great Blog Challenge Sponsor: Kids Wantu
Topic: Family Fun Together
This could be memories from your childhood, views on family time spent together in today’s technology-driven world, your tips and ideas for family fun, family experiences from other cultures or something else.
Just like we often cook the same things for dinner, different ideas for fun things to do together with kids are hard.
A PBS Kids survey of US Millennial parents found “80% of parents want to spend more time playing with their kids”, but for busy parents and carers sometimes there is just no thinking energy left.
We want to help these families encourage creative thinking and communication skills in the contributors of our future.
KidsWantu is an easy tool using everyday items for fun together with 2 to 10-year-olds, away from a screen. The KidsWantu App, launching in 2019 is customised for interests, ages, place and time available, bringing instant fun and lifelong memories.
(find out more on the KidsWantu website)
Great Blog Challenge Competition Terms and Conditions (the long version)
- Write and publish a blog post between 100 and 2000 words on this month’s theme: Family. You can publish your post anywhere it’s publicly visible online: your blog, Medium, Instagram, LinkedIn Publisher (please include the sponsor links and Writally links at the end of your post), Facebook Page Note etc.
- Be sure to hashtag your post #dec18_family #greatblogchallenge
- Follow (and tag in your post) @writally on Twitter or Facebook or @writallyapp on Instagram, plus at least one of the following: @kidswantu on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, so your entry is eligible. If you post on LinkedIn Publisher, please still link to one of these in your post for both Writally and the Sponsor.
- You must share your blog post link on either Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram as a public post to be eligible to win. You can share on LinkedIn as well but your posts are not public, so if you only share on LinkedIn you will not be eligible to win. Your social media post style or image has no bearing on the competition results. We only judge your blog post content.
- Your blog post must be original and you must have permission for third-party images and quotes you use in your posts. Please put the image sources in your captions and link back to appropriate sources.
- Share your published blog post link on one of the social media channels above by midnight AEST December 17 to be eligible for the December competition. Winners are announced on the Writally blog on January 6, 2019.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn are completely released by each entrant or participant from any liability whatsoever; and the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LInkedIn, or any other platform on which your blog post is published or promoted.
- This content is run in accordance with laws governing competitions in the State of Queensland, Australia in relation to Games of Skill.
- The prize for December 2018 challenge is $250 AUD transferred electronically (see below) to one winner. Non-cash prizes are non-transferrable and not redeemable for cash.
- The winner will be contacted about their prize redemption within 5 business days of being announced on the blog.
- Cash prizes will be transferred by Writally via Paypal (internationally) or bank transfer (within Australia). Please note that the monetary value is in Australian dollars and that the amount for overseas participants may vary depending on the exchange rate.
- Chance plays no part in the competition. The eligible competition entries will be judged on merit by the December Sponsor and by a Writally team member. Judges’ selections are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants retain copyright of their original material. However, by signing up the Challenge each participant grants Writally a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, perpetual license to republish, distribute and publicise blog posts publicly shared as Challenge posts. This includes published and promotional content in any format in accordance with Writally’s web terms and conditions. Example: Writally issues a press release promoting the winning post for the month.
- Challenge participants grant KidsWantu (December Sponsor) a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, perpetual license to republish, distribute, and publicise blog posts publicly shared as November 2018 Challenge posts. This includes published and promotional content in any format, so long as it doesn’t contravene Writally’s web terms and conditions.