This website is owned and operated by Writally PTY LTD (Writally), and is available at: https://writally.com.
Information: The information, statements, and opinions on this website (Information) are for general information purposes only. The Information does not take into account your specific needs, objectives or circumstances and is not advice. Any reliance you place on the Information is at your own risk. Before acting on any Information, I recommend you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances, do your own research and seek professional advice, where necessary.
Amendment: The Information and Terms may be amended without notice from time to time out Writally’s sole discretion. Your use of this website following any amendments indicates that you accept the amendments. You should check the Terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes, and only proceed to use the website if you accept and will comply with the new Terms.
Your warranties: You warrant to me that you have the legal capacity to enter these Terms and form a contract, and that you have read and understood these Terms, before using the website.
License to use the Website and Software: I grant you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non-transferable right and license to use the website for your personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with these Terms. All other uses are prohibited without our prior written consent or purchase of a Powered by Writally licensing subscription (governed by specific terms). As stipulated at sign up you may use all resources, templates and materials for your own business use and for businesses that you create content for (if an agency). However, you may not resell these or distribute them to third parties at any time unless you have purchased a Powered by Writally licensing subscription (governed by specific terms).
Powered by Writally Licensing Subscription: A licensing subscription entitles your business to onsell a specified set of content recipes under your own brand, with the words “Powered by writally.com” and a link to https://writally.com contained at the bottom of the Content Recipe. Specific licensing terms are contained on each Content Recipe and are subject to change. Licensed users will be notified of any product or licensing agreement updates in relation to the Content Recipes and use of the Writally platform.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to me and is protected by Australian and international laws, including but not limited to the trademarks, trade names, brand names, software, content, design, images, graphics, appearance, layout and look of the website. Writally owns the copyright which subsists in all creative and literary works displayed on the website.
You agree that Writally owns all intellectual property rights on the website, and that nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights. Your use of the website or Writally software does not grant you a license to, or act as a right to, use of any of the intellectual property, whether registered or unregistered, displayed on the website and in the software without the express written permission of Writally or the purchase of a Powered by Writally licensing subscription.
You must not breach copyright or intellectual property rights connected with the website and software. This includes but is not limited to:
- altering or modifying any of the code or the material on the website and software;
- causing any of the material on the website and software to be framed or embedded in another website;
- creating derivative works from the content of the website and software (except where stipulated. for eg. Writally Content RecipesTM); or
- using the website and software for commercial purposes (ie. reselling Writally IP etc) without purchase of a Powered by Writally Licensing Subscription.
Writally adheres to the highest standards when it comes to intellectual property rights. If an entity believes their intellectual property has been violated, they must notify Writally immediately. We will review such notices and act accordingly. Such responses may include removing infringing material or disabling links to the infringing content.
You may republish, copy, distribute, transmit, or publicly display (in hard copy, soft copy or online) material on the website on the following grounds:
- you must attribute the material to Writally, including linking back to this website where possible; and
- you must not do so in a way that could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy, or that would bring the founder, team or the website into disrepute.
It is in our complete discretion to remove or terminate access to the website if any comments could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy, or that would bring us, or the website, into disrepute.
If you add content on the website, you:
- warrant to me that you have all necessary rights to post the content;
- grant me a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide and transferable right and license to use that content in any way (including but not limited to, by reproducing, changing, and communicating the content to the public) and permit me to authorise any other person to do the same thing;
- agree that any content posted by you upon the website gives me the implied license to display the content to viewers; and
- consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must ensure that the third party consents in the same manner.
Third party information: The website may contain third-party information, including but not limited to user comments, guest articles and advertisements (Third Party Information). I do not control, recommend, endorse, sponsor or approve Third Party Information, including any information, products or services mentioned in Third Party Information. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of Third Party Information for you.
Third Party links and websites: This website and software may contain links to websites owned by third parties (Third Party Sites). I do not control, recommend, endorse, sponsor or approve Third Party Sites, including any information, products or services mentioned on Third Party Sites. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of Third Party Sites for you.
Prohibited Conduct: You must not:
- Use the website for any activities, or post or transmit any material from the website that infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person; would cause you or me to breach any law, regulation, rule, code or other legal obligation; defames, harasses, threatens, menaces, offends or restricts any person; is or could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy; or would bring us, or the website, into disrepute;
- Interfere with or inhibit any user from using the website;
- Use the website to send unsolicited email messages;
- Attempt to or tamper with, hinder or modify the software or website content, knowingly transmit viruses or other disabling features, or damage or interfere with the website, including but not limited to the use of trojan horses, viruses, or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with the website; or
- Facilitate or assist another person to do any of the above acts.
Reservation of Rights: I reserve the right to amend or delete any and all of your content, Third Party Information and/or Third Party forums, and to block any user, if we believe that there is a violation of these Terms, or for any other reason, in our sole discretion.
Delays and outages: Writally is not responsible for any delays or interruptions to the website. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimise delays and interruptions. We cannot warrant that the website will be available at all times or at any given time. We may at any time and without notice to you, discontinue the website in whole or in part. We are not responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may result from our discontinuance of the website.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss, damage, costs or expense, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential including loss of profits, suffered by you or any third party, or claims made against you or any third party which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, the website. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, guarantees, warranties or terms (whether express or implied) other than those expressly set out in these Terms, and the Australian Consumer Law to the extent applicable.
The website is provided to you without warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that the functions contained in any material on the website or software or your access to the website will be error-free, that any defects will be corrected, that the website or the server which stores and transmits material to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components, or that the website will operate on a continuous basis or be available at any time.
While we endeavour to keep the website and information up to date and correct, we make no representations, warranties or guarantee, express or implied, about:
- the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any information, images, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose;
- Third Party Information; or
- Third Party forums.
You read, use, and act on information contained on the website, Third Party Information and/or Third Party forums, strictly at your own risk.
Indemnity: By using the website, you agree to defend and fully indemnify and hold Writally (and the company’s officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents) harmless from and against all claims, actions, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis), including in tort, contract or negligence, arising out of or connected to:
- your use of or access to the website;
- any breach by you of these Terms; or
- any wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission by you.
This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and your use of the website. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by me without restriction.
Breach: You may only use the website for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the website. By using the website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these Terms are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable you must not use the website. We reserve the right to remove any and all content found to be in breach of intellectual property rights, including without limitation copyright, or which, in our opinion is deemed inappropriate and/or illegal. If you breach these Terms, we reserve the right to block you from the website and to enforce our rights against you. If we do not act in relation to a breach of these Terms by you, this does not waive our rights to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches of these Terms by you. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
Exclusion of Competitors: You are prohibited from using the website, including the Information, in any way that competes with Writally. If you breach this term, we will hold you responsible for any loss that we may sustain, and hold you accountable for any profits that you may make from non-permitted use. We reserve the right to exclude any person from using the website and Information, at our sole discretion.
Enforceability: If any provision of these Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, then the provision will not apply in that jurisdiction and is deemed not to have been included in these Terms in that jurisdiction. This will not affect the remainder of these Terms, which continue in full force and effect.
Further Assurances: Each party must, at its own expense, do everything reasonably necessary to give full effect to these Terms and the events contemplated by them.
Termination: These Terms are effective until terminated by us, which we may do at any time and without notice to you. In the event of termination, all restrictions imposed on you by these Terms and limitations of liability set out in the Terms will survive.
Disputes: You agree to use your best endeavours to use mediation and negotiation to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms, prior to resorting to an external dispute resolution process. Please notify us in writing of any dispute you may have.
Jurisdiction: Your use of the website and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of Queensland and the Commonwealth of Australia. These Terms are governed by the laws of Queensland and the Commonwealth of Australia and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in Queensland. The website may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that the website complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia, however, we adhere to GDPR privacy regulations in the European Union in terms of how we handle your data. If you access the website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the website.
For questions and notices, please contact us at:
support [at] writally.com
Writally, C/O Bluechilli Group, Level 1, 125 York Street Sydney, NSW 2000
Last update: [03/08/2018]